Sponsored by:

LS6 Cobra test run with video

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS6 Cobra test run with video

http://youtu.be/94QcxPIY4l4

The Cobra was missing slightly at the top of each gear and I did not watch the tach to notice when it was occurring. I have this new Replay XD1080 camera so like the guy with the new hammer and the whole world that looks like a nail, I decided to mount it and then run the car from about 20 mph to 90 mph or so to see what was going on. It was hitting the fuel shut off at about 6600 rpm. I could have found this out by looking at the tach but this was more fun to do. Sorry about the wind noise, I am just learning how to use this camera and should have covered the microphone hole with a piece of tape.

My friend and I will have to adjust the shift RPM down a little as we just took it off of the low rpm limit we had set when the car was being broken in. The engine is a LS6 crate engine with Comp XR281HR cam, a 4L65E trans and a PTC 3200 stall converter.

This was done on an isolated stretch of road in the back woods of Mexico. The stores you can see in the background that look like a highway in Utah were just movie props set up to trick people. We are at about 4500 ft elevation.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meatheadgn
This was done on an isolated stretch of road in the back woods of Mexico. The stores you can see in the background that look like a highway in Utah were just movie props set up to trick people. We are at about 4500 ft elevation.
Those Mexican movie prop guys are freaking good! It looks just like 9800 S. and Redwood hahaha
Old 06-05-2012, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Wow you are good. It was 98th South and Bangerter Highway going North Bound.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the vid and thought that looks like Utah. Then I read your description and you verified it. Then I wondered if I would recognize the road and almost didn't but SLCC gave it away for me. Do you have a build thread on the Cobra? Looks like a pretty sweet car.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

I should have done a thread on the build. I did take a bunch of pictures. I got the new crate LS6 and new 4L65E on KSL.com which was a great deal. I built the car for my wife so that is why I put an automatic trans in it. It actually works really well with the auto and it much easier to handle at full throttle, cruising etc. We will be at the Jordan Landing cruise tonight if you are there.

Quick Reply: LS6 Cobra test run with video