Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a procedure to check TPS and APS.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a procedure to check TPS and APS.

Hey all,
When I powered up the computer for my LS3, everything looked good except I got DTC's all relating to the TPS and Accelerator Pedal sensor.

P0122
P0223
P2122
P2127
P2119

The engine has not been started yet. If I turn the ignition on and press the accelerator, the butterfly moves, so it appears to work.

The engine, accelerator pedal, and computer all all matched and original to each other (2010 Camaro LS3).

I have the wiring diagram for the car; does anyone have a diagnostic procedure I can use to troubleshoot this? The harness is the factory harness that I had reworked by Speartech. It could be just a bad connector or something, could even be a bad sensor, but I'm not sure exactly how to troubleshoot it. I've read stuff online about checking reference voltages and sweeps, but nothing for this application.

I'd appreciate even a generic diag procedure for this.

Thanks

Last edited by m0ondoggy; 06-19-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Hello Brother,

Please can you help me because i have the same issue. Are you found the solution ??

Thanks
Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by super-ss
Hello Brother,

Please can you help me because i have the same issue. Are you found the solution ??

Thanks
Yeah. Turns out somewhere in 09-10 they started using what are called "permanent DTC's". If you start the engine and let it run for a bit, they will clear themselves and the check engine light will turn off. You can't clear these manually.

http://www.ssgm.com/news/taking-a-fi...cs/1000326441/

So, in short, there was nothing wrong with my setup, all I needed to do was start the damn thing and let it run for a bit . If your engine computer is pre-09 then this doesn't apply to you.

Quick Reply: Need a procedure to check TPS and APS.