Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built LS1 in a Nissan S13

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built LS1 in a Nissan S13

First step was to officially go to America!

Then i let me hair grow! Long hair don’t care!

Engine LS1
I just stripped it down to how the machine shop told me to. Its leaving this week to HRT Performance for a fresh build

Went to down with the crew to 100 drifters event in WV and picked up my LS1 S13 Kit

Big shout out to www.Sikky.com hooking up the sponsorship for 2012
Look out for these bros the 10 driver team is looking very nice and i very happy to be apart of it.

Transmission i am going with TDP in Texas www.Texasdrivetrainperformance.com

Domestic world is very new to me so any help or advice would be nice thanks guys.

2011 @ EAST COAST BASH

I ended up blowing a turbo and that was the last straw....went to get my LS1 3 months later
Old 09-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Old 09-03-2012, 04:39 PM

OK so i went out and got the C5 fuel filter. THat brought my Fuel Psi to the 58psi that i needed,

I checked all my injectors and now they are all working.

checked for signal on each fuel inj plug and no promblem there

Pulled and Cleaned the spark plugs

I have spark

I was able to start my engine but it sounds like its off timing. (bogging down low but some what cleans up as a give it gas but it back fires) I think the IGN timing is off.

The engine was built at a machine shop so i am hoping that means that its mechanically in timing.

PCM was reflashed in order to take off the VATS but this was prior to us figuring out the that the fuel pressure was at 90psi.

I swapped the PCM with a 2001 silverado PCM but it wouldnt even start with that PCM
Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 PM

I figured the silverado PCM wouldnt work after i gave it a second thought

Yeah 4 of my injector were sticking i guess but after we tapped on all of the alittle they start working just fine.

Yes we cleaned the plugs really really good.

SO here is my theory.....
Tuesday- of this past week i took the car to my tuner in order for him to take that Vats off and start the car. Now on that day the tuner did take that vats off BUT was not able to start the car. He tried a couple things to start the car but nothing work. He did leave a base map of some sort on the car and i decided to go home and try to figure out what the issue my be.

Wednesday- we discover that my fuel pressure was at 90 psi after we put a fuel pressure gauge on the car.

Thursday- i went and bought a fuel filter for the C5 that had the FPR in it that put my fuel pressure at 58psi. But then we realize that 4 injectors werent firing.

Friday- we fixed everything we found wrong. Fix injectors problem and installed the fuel filter. Then finally we were able to turn the engine on was just falling on its face like if was running rich with a couple back fires

Saturday- we got a new MAF just in case...still seems like it was running rich. couple back fires

I assume now that everything is fixed when the tuner link up he will be able to adjust everything......maybe ign timing is off?

this is a video pf when me Buddy from GM came down to the shop to with the map.....we did this only once and took a video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4mo73JisxU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Old 09-03-2012, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice, what are you using for a speedometer?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Teching In

good luck man.

Quick Reply: Built LS1 in a Nissan S13