Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech Headers 67 Tempest

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynatech Headers 67 Tempest

I just had a great deal fall into my lap on a 2001 LS1 motor with an MS4 cam, LS6 intake, LS6 injectors, new springs and lifters, and dynatech headers (plus a few other things). I am getting a great price on the entire package, and the motor is currently in a 71 nova. I was able to drive the car yesterday and it is an extremely strong motor, probably the fastest car I have ever been in.

The motor has dynatech headers on it right now and I have been told they will not fit on my car, but none of my friends are 100% certain about this. I am getting them anyway, figuring I can sell them because I am getting such a good deal on the whole package.

Does anyone know whether they will fit or not?? Here is the link to the
http://www.dynatechheaders.com/m_nova_68_74.html
Attached Thumbnails Dynatech Headers 67 Tempest-photo-2.jpg  
Old 10-13-2012, 02:47 AM
On The Tree

They may fit with some modifications but I doubt they will go right in.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Basically an early F-body, most likely won't work, but some manufacturers have used the same header in F & A bodies for SBC. At least worth a shot. You are going to love this swap! Good looking car, I had a 66 Sprint, 67 Lemans, 66 Tempest wagon and a few others I can't remember.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the compliment Oldgoat, the car was in excellent shape until the harmonic balancer shattered and broke the timing chain. When I pulled the motor I found a few spun rod bearings and figured why keep dropping $$$ into old tech. After driving this guys car that ran 12.1 sec this summer when the track temp was 105*, I was grinning ear to ear!! Can't wait to get the motor in my car.

Well I'm getting the motor later today ill post pics up and then the fun begins!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted if you try them. Im doing a 67 also. Havent gotten to the exhaust yet, kind of moving along at a snails pace. The only longtube out of the box headers I have heard of fitting early A bodies halfway decent were the Edelbrocks and they discontinued those for whatever reason.

Quick Reply: Dynatech Headers 67 Tempest