Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air filter suggestions/ideas....

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air filter suggestions/ideas....

Well, I'm kinda in a pickle. Not too sure what I can do to make this work. I have a 5.3 with Truck accessories in my 1997 S10, and can't seem to find a air filter that will work with the space that I have. I purchased a generic Silverado filter on a stick from Ebay, but the tube is too big to close the hood, once it goes over the radiator hose. Any suggestions? That is besides the expensive S&P filter jobbie.... What have you guys done? Take a look at what I'm dealing here... 4.3 radiator not forward mounted, truck accessories and a funky radiator hose. Let me know what you think, I'm out of ideas.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would a rubber top hose help with clearance? That looks almost exactly like a Sierra/Silverado top hose, if that will give more room, and would match the rest of the hoses.
HTH, jim
Old 10-30-2012, 04:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How about a 90 degree coupler off the tb, a short piece of 4" piping and another 90 coupler trimmed up with a filter off that to stick towards the radiator.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you could get a GTO elbow and face it to the passenger side. I'm using one and was able to trim the part that mounts to the TB enough to have good radiator clearance.

on my truck

Quick Reply: Air filter suggestions/ideas....