Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fbody mounts on gbody!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012 | 09:11 PM
Teching In

Default fbody mounts on gbody!

hello i'm a new here, I have a few questions for my 87 cutlass gbody swap. I just purchased a complete ls1 engine, and it still has the mounts on the engine.

1) Can I reuse the mounts thats on the engine? The clamshell looks like it will have the engine sitting a lil high. Hopefully i can reuse them.

2) The easiest fuel setup i can run?

Again this for an 87 cutlass gbody.
Old 11-17-2012 | 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Run a factory fuel injection car fuel tank. Buick regal turbo cars and the 4.3 Monte Carlo v6 had it. I don't know what other gbody cars came with them. I think that's the easiest.
Engine mounts I can't recall what they look like on a gbody unless they are clam shell with rubber inside them like the Ls engine. I say a plate and moroso solid mounts if ur body has the clamshell setup.
Old 11-17-2012 | 09:45 PM
Teching In

these are the mount that come with ls1 camaro.....
Attached Thumbnails fbody mounts on gbody!-ls1-mounts.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012 | 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

If they fit id use em but they do look like it will raise the engine high and will they even hit your crossmember to drill new holes. U just got to try it n see. If it doesn't work buy what you need or make what you need using the clam shells. Depends on ur budget.
Old 11-18-2012 | 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

These will let you use the stock F-body mounts
http://www.spohn.net/shop/1978-1987-...ng-Stands.html
These will let you use you stock SBC motor mounts.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-Conversi...227c04&vxp=mtr
If you want to use your stock transmission and not have to buy a new drive shaft you'll need to use stock 1 inch setback mounts.
Old 11-18-2012 | 05:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I,ve recently seen the late 80,s early 90's b-body wagon tanks swapped into el camino's as an upgrade, so you could possibly option to use the non wagon tanks for yours. Lighter, & rust free.
Did my f-body ls swap 10 years ago, I trimmed the f-body rubber mounts to fit into the v-8 engine mount cradle, then fit them to the frame. Notched & reboxed the crossmember & frame for the f-body pan & ac. Didn't have the options you have now. Pics in photobucket link.
Old 11-18-2012 | 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

SBC frame mounts and clamshells, 1in carshop adapter plates.. easy as pie. $40 for adapter plates and sbc clamshells are a dime a dozen.

Quick Reply: fbody mounts on gbody!