Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPI Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TPI Fuel Pump

I have been told that a TPI fuel pump will supply enough fuel pressure to work on an LS1 engine conversion. The only difference being the fuel pressure regulator. I have not been able to confirm this so any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is correct.. the TPI is like 45-47 PSI.. the Gen III/LS1 injectors and PCM Tune requires 57 PSI. Some have fired up there Gen III engine with the TPI pump. It might idle ok.. but under any load, it will lean out.

BC
Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I was concerned with the information I had been given but at the same time, hoping I wouldn't have to drop the tank to change the pump. Looks like a new pump is the solution.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure what you are trying to do but here goes. You need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. I have the Holley version that I am running one on my TPI motor at 58psi. However I have the EP381 fuel pump which is what is used on the Typhoon.

If you are wanting to just use the factory TPI fuel pump with an LSX motor you can use the Corvette fuel filter/regulator with it. The factory TPI fuel pump does have its horsepower limitations though. I would just upgrade it.

Quick Reply: TPI Fuel Pump