Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Swap- Sanden & Denso AC Relocation Brackets...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure! I myself am going to try to find a way to use what parts came with the engine if I can.I'm not knocking their stuff, which is WAY less than a whole system like I have bought in the past.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Teching In

I'm running the denso truck compressor with a modified bracket on an ls1. I had to move the bracket rearward 9/16" to line up with the fbody accessories, but was well worth the effort. the a/c blows at 35 degrees on a 102 degree day.

here is a video of when I finished mounting the bracket and placing the lines
Old 05-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
I have to disagree with that statement.

The largest Sanden is the SD7H15 which is a 7 piston compressor with a displacement of 154.7cc/rev

The Denso 10S17 is a 10 piston compressor with a displacement of 188.0cc/rev

I don't know the exact pulley dimensions of either, but the Denso pulley is smaller which indicates in driven faster. Based on this, the Denso will provide a higher refrigeration capacity unless there is a significant difference in efficiency.
A compressor is there to maintain system pressure. The bigger the compressor is the bigger the surge is in between cycling on and cycling off. A small compressor just cycles more often. It's hard to have an evaporator that will require more than what even the sd7 can supply. If you are going to increase the size of anything in an AC system the condenser is your item. All refrigeration does is re-locate heat. It is impossible to create cold.

I have a 2005 GTO ls2 and would really like a compressor that fits the OE bracket but works with a VIntage Air evaporator. I don't like the idea of fixing the displacement of the OE compressor either.

Quick Reply: LS Swap- Sanden & Denso AC Relocation Brackets...