Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cooling at speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm using a diablosport tuner for my combo for now. Found a good used one for a great price as they're pretty old now, the original ones. They still get the job done though.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rotor vs. piston
I'm using a diablosport tuner for my combo for now. Found a good used one for a great price as they're pretty old now, the original ones. They still get the job done though.
Thanks but I meant a person I could send the ecu to and have him fix what I think is error in ecu when the other guy flashed and programmed ecu.

I have been told (IDK if true or not) the handheld tuners will not work on a flashed ecu as the oem tune is gone and most handheld only download and tweak a oem tune
Old 06-12-2013, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine was flashed before I got it to have the vats and various stuff deleted. I've flashed my ECU a few times now myself w/ the tuner and it seems to only modify only a few parameters that affect performance... my vats hasn't been enabled. Likely could find a tuner for cheaper than your could send you ECU away for, and then you have tuner and don't have a car you can't drive sitting in the drive.

So far I've only installed the "predator" tune and lowered the idle RPM, my fan has a separate controller, but really do regret doing that... still have the wiring for ECU control, but need to basically redo the harness to sort that. Which I do plan to eventually do.

Last edited by rotor vs. piston; 06-12-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Quick Reply: cooling at speed