Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Throttle pedal problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS3 Throttle pedal problems

I finally got my 65 Corvette conversion started up today, and the throttle pedal appears to be DOA. The engine starts, but no throttle response. Does anyone have a schematic of the section related to the throttle pedal? If memory serves me right on my L76 and my LS2, the throttle pedal has two sets of pots that swipe in opposite directions from each other. While one is rising in resistance, the other is falling. The pedal the GMPP supplied is the 10379038 pedal, which is the one used in the CTS. I find absolutely no two pins that have any readable resistance between them. All pins are infinity to all other pins, so I am presuming that I have a bad pedal, but just wanted to know if the mode of operation is still the same as my old LS2.
This pedal has the inline 6 pin connector.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found a schematic of the pedal area, and my memory was correct. They are shipping me a new pedal assembly today. I can't imagine any possible scenario where none of the pins have any readable connectivity to any of the other pins!
It just acts like they failed to connect the pins to the circuit board, during manufacturing.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the lokar dbw pedal assy. on mine, works awsome. Good luck.

Quick Reply: LS3 Throttle pedal problems