Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intakes??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intakes??

New "LS" guy here...just learning stuff and reading all I can....

I have a LQ9 (2002 Escalade) and the truck intake will probably not fit under the hood of my Camaro.....

I am a little confused as to what intakes will fit this engine, LS1, LS2, LS3, LS7????? It has the "317" heads

I am trying to work on a budget (aren't we all?) something like a Fast intake for $800+ probably be out of the question for now.... someday, I will change when the quest for more HP becomes overwhelming.....

Do I need to change the Throttle Body with the intake?

Part numbers would be great if you have them.....

Thanks in advance
Old 08-03-2013, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

id go with an ls6 intake. Factory ls6 intakes are designed for factory 3 bolt throttle bodies
Old 08-03-2013, 12:31 PM
9 Second Club

Anything ls1, ls2, or ls6 will fit. There is different throttle bodies though. A 3 and a 4 bolt ones I think.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

I did the same thing on my Camaro.

I used an LS1 intake. They just bolt right on. For the money, I dont think the LS6 is worth it.

Heres a little run down on what you need to do:

You can use the truck throttle body, they just bolt right on.

I used the truck injectors. You need to remove the little black tips on the injectors for them to fit in the car intake. You can use factory LS1 injectors, but the plug on the harness is different. You can either buy adapters, or splice in new plugs.

You'll need the car fuel rails, or run aftermarket style ones. Both work fine.

You'll need a car water pump (Camaro,Corvette,Trans Am ect) and the spacers to move it out, which will allow you to still use the truck accessories.

You'll need to move the idler pully, as its to close to the throttle body. I got my relocation kit from Dirty Dingo. Without this, the throttle body doesnt fit. You'll need to cut off a small amount of the bracket that holds in the truck alternator. The corner of the bracket sits to close to the throttle body.

Heres a pic of my LQ4 with an LS1 intake with all the parts I listed above.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Well this rings a bell. I got an 02 LQ9 out of an escalade too with LS1 intake. An LS1, 2, or 6..or any catherdral port intake will work. Your LQ9 has the LS1 cam, so going for an LS6 intake might not have much of an advantage over an LS1 intake.
LS1 intake with bolts and rail (used) $35, LS6 intake $300. Do the math.
The truck 3 bolt DBW TB will bolt up to the LS1 intake. You might have to trim off the coolant crossover on the bottom depending on the water pump you use.
You can use the truck injectors if you remove the plastic tip and use aftermarket rails. Or you can get LS1 injectors, pigtails, and use the LS1 rail.

Quick Reply: Intakes??