Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 Engine-> LS1 Intake->Need different TB?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever figure out what spacers you need? I am putting an LS1 intake on my 5.3 and have the same issue. injectors need to be extended out 3/4". I found some FAST spacers that are labelled as being for LS3/LS7 spacers and they do not fit onto my injectors, ls1 intake or into the stock ls1 fuel rail.

Originally Posted by ewingr
I really appreciate your detailed reply. Hopefully one day I'll have the experience to help out on the LS forum

It's interesting. I've read over and over how that LS6 will increase the hp by 10-15. Any idea why it wouldn't make much difference on this engine?

I just went onto eBay, and found the adapters. They are $60-70. Seems like maybe that could be a good down payment on a polished TB from S&P, or a better TB (of course I don't know what that would be...I'm so green about LS).

I found these injector spacers on eBay, and he indicate he does have LQ4 spacers. I presume LQ4 spacers is what I need. Correct?

Maybe I'd be better off getting a complete intake, with all the other stuff.

BTW...you're the second person to reference a $30 LS1 intake...but every one I've seen on eBay for an LS1 has ended up at over $100. There are two on there now for under $100, but bidding has just started. One there with TB, Injectors, and rail for $300.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found these

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/electrical-connectors/
Old 08-28-2013, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I haven't been over here a few days.

Glad you found something.

I ended up deciding against the 5.3, and purchased a crate LS3.

Quick Reply: 5.3 Engine-> LS1 Intake->Need different TB?