Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shorting problem on ls 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shorting problem on ls 240sx

Background: 02 z28 ls1 swapped into 98 240sx with t56.

Driving the car one day and it shuts off. Culprit turned out to be adum30dumampdumfusedumblown that is between battery anddumignitiondumswitch. Later investigation shows that the fuse was blowing in the "on" position on the ignition. More investigation shows that the when the pcm is disconnected from itsdumignitiondumwire, thedumfuel pumpdumand everything else works in the on position and thedumfusedumdoesn't blow.dumBarring any major shorts that I have yet to find, is this at all normal behavior for a malfunctioning pcm? I'm hard pressed to think that the pcm would completely ground out like that such that adum30 amp fusedumwould now as a result.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-25-2013, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

first suggestion is learn to type properly. I cant figure out what you are trying to say because of the the garbage in between.

Edit your post for ENGLISH and then we can try again..
Old 09-25-2013, 05:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, wtf are you saying?
Old 09-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, wow.That's what happens when you use your phone to do this stuff. My apologies on the craziness.

Basically what happened was I have a fuse that keeps blowing in the run position on my ignition cylinder. It's a 30amp fuse that sits between my battery and my ignition switch. After diagnosis, if the pcm is disconnected from the ignition source, everything works fine and the fuse doesn't blow.

My main question is whether or not this is normal behavior for a malfunctioning pcm or should I expect something different? Barring finding a blatant short somewhere this is looking like an option that doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the stupid post beforehand.

Quick Reply: shorting problem on ls 240sx