Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

67 camaro steering

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 camaro steering

I have read a lot of information on using rack and pinions in the first gens. I have a 67 camaro with stock subframe and manual steering now. Most of the threads regarding r&p and the related bumpsteer issues are a couple years old (steeroids and such). Does anyone know if the new racks have addressed the bumpsteer issues? I am speaking about the flaming river and unisteer racks. If not, does anyone have better options? I am not interested in the ride tech tru steer as I would have an arm and leg into it by the time I gathered all the parts. Anyone have a good source for the center drag link for a 67 camaro? The only one I have found is Hotchkis. Also, any arguments for or against power vs manual steering? Thanks guys!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone want to recommend a set up they feel is performing to their expectations?
Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run a 3rd gen IROC box and forget the rest. You can pick them up for around $30 in the yards. The power steering fittings on the LS motors bolt right up. Take a look a the first gen suspension site it will give you the info you need to know.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

other than using a R&P... the best site for 1st gen steering is http://www.pozziracing.com/

IIRC.. bump steer is a problem with 1st gen's due to the location of the Rack. Not inline with the Steering arms on the spindle.. Not sure if anyone has fixed it..

BC

Quick Reply: 67 camaro steering