Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new syclone build?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new syclone build?

I have around a 10k budget for a build that I plan to start by this summer. I want something you dont see every day, something that car enthusiasts will recognize but still unique. I got to drive a friends gmc syclone and fell in love but being a 20 year old vehicle it needs updating I. Alot of areas. My plan is to build a newer syclone that gm should have. So heres the idea. The old syclone was a reg cab short bed s10 with factory ground effects, so I was thinking of starting with a black s10 xtreme reg cab short bed since they come with factory ground effects. Then replace the chevy grill with a gmc grill and badge and replace the xtreme badges with some kind of updated syclone decals. Then of course the syclone was awd and turbocharged. I have a a l33 longblock that I would love to put in and boost (nothing crazy, daily driver). I dont have the budget for any kind of awd swap but still think the whole look of the truck with gmc syclone badging, factory body kit, and boosted ls will be a fun project and be close to the truck gm should have built. Any more ideas or opinions on this would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post. I remember when I first saw the blazer and s10 xtremes that they really missed a opportunity to bring back the syclone and typhoon
Old 04-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Sorry for all the misspellings, improper grammar, and lack of punctuation. Im typing from a cell phone :-)
Old 04-22-2014, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just a thought....the Olds Bravada has the same all wheel drive system as the Typhoon. I picked up a very clean one for my daughter for $2500. It's loaded!! Might be a place to start if you reconsider AWD. Of course, the tranny will have to be beefed up with a performance rebuild but so would any 4L60 2wd.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

syty.net has alot of good info on swapping in ls engines.

Quick Reply: new syclone build?