Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

converting throttle by wire too throttel by cable

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting throttle by wire too throttel by cable

I know that the throttle body would have to be changed, but what else would be required. I bought a 93 camaro with a, t56, 5.3 throttle by wire swap, and would like to switch over to a throttle by cable setup. Could I just have the computer reflashed? Are there any other things I would have to worry about? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This may or may not be an easy swap. Do you know what computer you are using? Some computers can only control one style of throttle bodies. So long story short, you would probably need a new computer and harness.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Use the existing electronic throttle body wires for the tps and iac. Move the DBW wires to the respective PCM connector positions used for DBW. Load a DBW express van file if it's a green/blue PCM or a Camaro file if it's a red/blue PCM. This will work if it's a ls1 style PCM.

No need for a new harness just a few solder connections and move a couple PCM wires.

It's really not difficult nor require additional expensive new parts.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 481 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by aknovaman
Use the existing electronic throttle body wires for the tps and iac. Move the DBW wires to the respective PCM connector positions used for DBW. Load a DBW express van file if it's a green/blue PCM or a Camaro file if it's a red/blue PCM. This will work if it's a ls1 style PCM.

No need for a new harness just a few solder connections and move a couple PCM wires.

It's really not difficult nor require additional expensive new parts.
You can repin the harness as mentioned, However some of the 03-07 classic PCM's do not support the DBC even with a flash.

This page explains the internal difference---> http://www.lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm
Old 05-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first step is to figure out if your engine has a 24x or 58x reluctor wheel on the crank. What pcm is running the car now?

Quick Reply: converting throttle by wire too throttel by cable