Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fbody ls3 conversion now no tach.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fbody ls3 conversion now no tach.

I just finished up an ls3 conversion on my buddies 2000 ss. We did a 24t reluctor wheel with the original crank sensor. He ordered a camshaft extension harness and running an ls2 chain, tension etc.

The car runs like a freaking top even with the old tune from the h/c 346. But the tach isn't working.

Do these motors get the tach signal off of the camshaft or the crank?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guy in MY 99TA
I just finished up an ls3 conversion on my buddies 2000 ss. We did a 24t reluctor wheel with the original crank sensor. He ordered a camshaft extension harness and running an ls2 chain, tension etc.

The car runs like a freaking top even with the old tune from the h/c 346. But the tach isn't working.

Do these motors get the tach signal off of the camshaft or the crank?
Can you see RPM when you are scanning? What computer are you using? If it's not setup correctly in the tune, it won't work right. Post your tune.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a 2000 computer. I don't have a tuning software at this time. Thinking about purchasing hp or efi live, but have been hesitant due to fact that I'm going with holley efi on my stuff.

the tune thats in the car was done by EPS for the old 346 setup. I'll give Geoff a call when I get back home. I have been too busy to get on here and check this out until I got back to work.

Quick Reply: Fbody ls3 conversion now no tach.