Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hydro boost problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

As a heads up, I realized I could re-use the booster's mounting / backing plate without an adaptor. 3 of the 4 studs on the backing plate lined up with a traditional 3 3/4" (I think) square found on many vacuum boosters. (I ended up removing the fourth stud and adding a new hole with a bolt)

The booster unit's mounting hole was offset and didn't line up for me. But... I realized if I cut out a (about 3 1/2" x 3 1/2") large square around the mounting hole and the square center was offset from the mounting hole cents when I flipped the square I could adjust the offset of the hole. Using this technique, I centered the hole within the backing plate.

I then welded that square back in and smoothed it out with a flap wheel on my grinder. This saved having to buy an adaptor.

Note, the booster also has slots ground in the threaded mounting sleeve. I added (welded and filing) notches back in to the mounting hole to re-index (clock rotationally) the booster unit within the mounting plate.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtymoe77
Post 14...Doug said he found a Hyrdoboost for $170 brand new
this guy sells them all the time.http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97744

Quick Reply: hydro boost problem