Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quicktime 6039

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quicktime 6039

I am in the middle of LS conversion in my 72 cutlass. I really want to put a ZF tranny in the car. I had great luck with that transmission in my charger and like the way they shift better than the T-56. I know that the quicktime 6039 is the right bell housing for this swap. However, from my research I know that there are two different input shafts on the ZF, the black labels were for the LT5 cars and that tranny had a longer shaft.
My question is this. Has anyone else used a ZF in their conversions and if so, which shaft length did you use or does it make any difference? I can't seem to find any info on this on the quicktime website or anywhere else.
Thanks in advance.
Bill
Old 01-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

The ZR1 shaft is 1" longer than the LT1 style shaft so it does need to be compensated for. Oddly enough the LT5 shaft is the same length as an LS1 T56 input shaft. ZF Doc (http://zfdoc.com) made a spacer plate that uses the stock T56 style bellhousing and adapts to the ZF pattern to make it work using the longer ZR1 shaft with an LS motor. Otherwise you'll need to swap input shafts to a non ZR1 and use the Quicktime setup. If I remember correctly the input shafts were fairly pricey but it is a direct swap. If it was me, I'd try calling ZF Doc to see if he still makes these plates or not, I remember from a little while ago he offered all the parts for a complete setup for around 1900.

Last edited by MorePSI; 01-18-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Added info, fixed grammar
Old 01-18-2015, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. I will make some calls tomorrow and get this figured out.

Quick Reply: Quicktime 6039