Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing LS2 in 1968 Chevelle Next Week

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015 | 10:00 PM
Launching!

Default Installing LS2 in 1968 Chevelle Next Week

For the past few months I've been collecting parts and finally next week is when my brother and father will be in town to reassemble the project.

So I have this fairly bare LS2 sitting in the engine bay and I have all the accessories. What I don't have or know is all the mandatory and required hose connections that need to be made in the intake area.

I have a FAST intake that has a fitting at the rear (brake vacuum I believe...which I don't have power brakes, so I'll plug that right?). Then there are two ports at the front, one on either side of the intake. Where do those connect to?

And where does the fitting from the front of the base plate underneath the intake connect to? And where is the PCV valve on this engine?

What is fitting for on the passenger forward valve cover for? (mine has a little filter on it)

What is the fitting for on the driver side rear valve cover for? (mine appears to be capped)

Sorry for the silly questions, they are just now coming to me.

Aft part of intake

Front part of intake, ports on both side.

Front of passenger side valve cover.

Aft of driver side valve cover
Old 02-17-2015 | 08:46 AM
On The Tree

The fitting on the valley cover attaches to the front port on the passenger side of the intake. You'll need the LS2 PCV hose GM part number 12594779, its a $3 part.

What steam port setup is that?
Old 02-20-2015 | 06:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hawk465
The fitting on the valley cover attaches to the front port on the passenger side of the intake. You'll need the LS2 PCV hose GM part number 12594779, its a $3 part.

What steam port setup is that?
That steam port setup was made by a local Utah guy here where I live. I found his ad on www.ksl.com....in the classifieds.

Do I just put vacuum caps on the rear port and the front driver side port?

This LS2 does not have a PCV valve does it? If it does...where is it located?

Quick Reply: Installing LS2 in 1968 Chevelle Next Week