Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 to LS3 Top end and getting full throttle

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 to LS3 Top end and getting full throttle

I have an 03 DBW 6.0 from an escalade, harness, ECU also.

I have converted the top end to ls3 heads w/car LS3 intake and DBW TB new take off set up.

Going in a hot rod so I can do whatever I want with the harness. I have seen where people have a hard time getting it to go true full throttle with this change and requires a D Link to make it work, yet sometimes I see where some feel it does not always work.

Is it the Earlier ECU that causes this issue due to the different amount of pins/throttle bodies? And can I just change the ECU to a different one that uses the same harness and I just add the LS3 pig tail to the harness and pin it into the ECU while using the 24x wheel?

Any help will do motor is going together and I would like to avoid conversion modules that may still be a little troublesome and make it more factory like to avoid issues.

thanks
Eric
Old 04-05-2015, 11:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are only two ways to do it with factory components, and not the D link.

1. This will more than likely be the more expensive of the two options. a 12200411 PCM, the first gen TAC module (all Plastic), and the first gen dbw pedal from a corvette or truck. The first gen TAC modules are more prone to failure, and most working used items go for around $250 + - by its self. Then you will have to purchase a SILVER blade LS2/LS3 throttle body. The GOLD bladed one you have will not work with any 24x options without a d link.

2. E40 ecm/harness and an LS2 throttle body and a corvette pedal. If you are already looking into purchasing a harness that will be common expense with either option. This will more than likely be your cheapest option, and will use less parts to do it. This option can be done a couple different ways, but this is the gist of it.

I hope this sheds some light on what you need to know.

Bill

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 04-05-2015, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the truck ECU and Harness and the truck pedal but not the TAC. The other issue to take into consideration the LS3 injectors I think they are different than the ls2 trucks?

almost easier to get the 58 reluctor on the crank before it goes together so I can use my Gold TB then source a slightly later harness and ECU. But then I have to change my timing cover and the other couple doo dads for the later style cam sensor plug right?

Also do the D links work good? any experience with them I have read different stories

Quick Reply: LS2 to LS3 Top end and getting full throttle