Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS 240sx build

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015 | 05:57 PM

Arrow LS 240sx build

Hey sorry if this is a double post I think my original thread got moved here but here goes

I am completely new to this forum but have followed builds before on building LS powered 240sx's etc.

Just was wondering on a basic plan of what I need for essentials, I have done alot of research but I know it would be better to get advice from people who have done it first hand, any help would be great thanks.

I know I need basics:

LS1
T56 transmission
Mount kit
P/S lines
and any other maintenance the engine might need

any other basics I need to make this build happen and have the car running properly
Old 04-09-2015 | 11:18 AM
On The Tree
10 Year Member

Welcome......honestly about $10k do have full up and running CORRECT swap. Sure there are those who go cheap and go full show car but the average for most of us is right around $10,000.

My swap lq9 rebuilt to factory spec with no fancy forged parts, ASA cam, 243 heads, typhoon intake, nw102, t56, tune, hooker/gto swap parts, standalone harness etc finished up at $12k. This included getting the cheapest price for stuff at the time when I did it. My final tally included 75 items needed to complete the swap including everything engine, drive train, exhaust, electrical, cooling, heat protection, fuel & air.

It took me about 7 months and all the work was done by myself. No labor with the exception of the machine work and tune was paid for.

Quick Reply: LS 240sx build