Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project DOPEFOX Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project DOPEFOX Build Thread

I have got my hands on a 1980 Notchback Mustang. Decided to go with a 5.3 but with a ls1 intake, injectors, and rails. Still havent decided on what trans ill use. Ill post some pics when i pick it up! My plan is to spray a 150 shot on the stock block for a while then build the motor and bump it up to a 200 or 250.
I do however have a few questions since im new to the ls world. Would ls6 cams and heads be a safer bet for the 150 shot. And if i do go with them would anything else need to be upgraded?

Projects hopefully gonna be finished by December if things line up like they should.

Any info and tips are much appreciated!
Old 06-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WooSVT
I have got my hands on a 1980 Notchback Mustang. Decided to go with a 5.3 but with a ls1 intake, injectors, and rails. Still havent decided on what trans ill use. Ill post some pics when i pick it up! My plan is to spray a 150 shot on the stock block for a while then build the motor and bump it up to a 200 or 250.
I do however have a few questions since im new to the ls world. Would ls6 cams and heads be a safer bet for the 150 shot. And if i do go with them would anything else need to be upgraded?

Projects hopefully gonna be finished by December if things line up like they should.

Any info and tips are much appreciated!
If you are going to change the cam why not get an aftermarket grind?
Old 06-21-2015, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Good point.

Quick Reply: Project DOPEFOX Build Thread