Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring mess!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring mess!!!

I need to get my truck wired up, ive got a 96 single cab with an 02 avalance ls in the doghouse. i have the factory wiring harness for the 02, the pcm, and fuse box. i need to figure out what my signal wires are supposed to be to send all my vital info to my 96 gauge cluster. this is the only real thing holding me back if someone can help me i would appreciate it.

thanks
Old 03-31-2016, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look in Lt1Swap.com. Brendan has a lot of info there. Have you made the wiring stand alone or what? What tranny you using. There is a ton of ways to do the wiring. I like to use what I can for original harness. I think on your gauges you can adapt your original senders and hook them back up. Your truck already has the starter wiring, fuel pump, pcm, altenator (but may need to change). The pcm power and fuel pump should be able to take off original pcm to 02 pcm. There some others here in conversion ask or look there.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ss-96
I need to get my truck wired up, ive got a 96 single cab with an 02 avalance ls in the doghouse. i have the factory wiring harness for the 02, the pcm, and fuse box. i need to figure out what my signal wires are supposed to be to send all my vital info to my 96 gauge cluster. this is the only real thing holding me back if someone can help me i would appreciate it.

thanks
Everything u could need is on this website and it1 swap I built mine usiing just the two I was scared to death to start but take my advice don't do what I did I wasn't sure where I wanted everything. I redone the entire harness a second time now because I wasn't happy with the first. It sounds simple enough but save yourself the trouble go ahead and mount the pcm and fuse box first and start wiring from there I didn't and it was a rat nest it worked but was ugly. Now it's under the dash and fuse box behind seat so do it right once a good brand solder gun is your friend I went through two cheap ones from leaving them on for so long. I wanted the motor to run so bad I got ahead of myself and all I did was kick myself for how it turned out also use good connectors anywhere u have to they really made a difference in mine vs the shitty crimp kind solder and heat shrink makes it nice and flexible

Quick Reply: Wiring mess!!!