Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV System Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 168 Likes on 98 Posts

Default PCV System Question

On my LS2 powered Impala........I added an Edelbrock Supercharger......In doing so I had to change the Valve covers to Holley ones due to fitment issues.....The Holley valve covers do not have the restrictors in the PCV connections as the GM ones do.......so......I made a fitting to go in the feed line on the air inlet to the passenger side valve cover to restrict the flow and try and replicate the factory set-up ( .105 dia. hole thru the fitting)......So.....Basically.....the system draws filtered air from the inlet tube.....thru the passenger cover....out thru the driver side cover..........thru an Elite Catch Can.....and into the vacuum port on the throttle body............I noticed that since this install I would get a puff of smoke when starting the car after the supercharger install.......Hummmmm!!!!...........So.....yesterd ay I was doing some maintenance on the car and pulled off the inlet tube on the throttle body and noticed oil puddled in the body........opened up the catch can and it was full of oil.........Hummmm!!!!!..........So....obviously I have something not correct...........Any Ideas on what to change?????..........
Old 04-08-2016, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have the PCV nipple sticking out of the valley cover by the TB or did you have to change the valley cover also?

T,
Old 04-08-2016, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 168 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by TomM
Do you have the PCV nipple sticking out of the valley cover by the TB or did you have to change the valley cover also?

T,

Valley Cover was changed out .....No Nipple......Feeds in thru the throttle body..........Just thinking........I'm going to pull off a cover and check for baffles........

Quick Reply: PCV System Question