Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls2 swap headaches!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016 | 04:23 PM
gpb
Teching In

Default ls2 swap headaches!

I'll try and make this brief. I picked up a wrecked '06 TBSS rear wheel drive for the engine. I put in new bearings and rings. Updated to a mild cam and headers. The wreck didn't come with keys so I couldn't start it (VATS) but it was going fast when it hit something! I kept the harness in-tacked other than eliminating the obvious and rear O2's (no cats). I sent the E40 ECM out to remove the VATS and calibrate the speedo.
Here are the problems.....First it wouldn't start. Changed the battery and it fired up! When I went to drive it, it would cut out under power. 0 to 400+HP in an instant! Tough to drive! Scan tool says CPS. Changed that and now it skips like crazy and doesn't have any power. Still getting code 335. Double ck'd NAPA to make sure I got the right sensor (black) and I think it's right. Based on the blue headers, I think it's real lean. Also, it doesn't start very well or idle. I changed out the MAF. Fuel pressure 80-90lbs. New filter.
I don't have access to scan tool that can relearn the CASE. I tried the drive to relearn the UCM but it's hard to do in upstate NY.
Old 06-06-2016 | 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie
20 Year Member

Fuel pressure should be 58psi. Make sure the crank and cam sensors aren't cracked and properly plugged in.

Assume when you sent it out for VATS removal they tuned it for the new cam etc.
Old 06-06-2016 | 08:09 PM
gpb
Teching In

They supposedly tuned for the cam. I know the fuel psi seems high but it could be the gauge. I don't understand why my problems changed when I replaced the CPS. (Traded one problem for another). Everything I've read tends to lead me toward the need the have the CASE reprogrammed which I wish I could avoid. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: ls2 swap headaches!