Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Third Gen LS Swap Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Third Gen LS Swap Headers

I know this subject has been beat to death.

I have an 84 T/A that I plan on doing an LS swap in since my 355 gave up the ghost. My issue is that I plan on running my 700R4 until it dies. I had just had it built at a performance shop when my motor let go and I don't want to waste the nearly $2000 I have in it.

That said, many of the swap searches I've done here and over at TGO show swap ability if you have either a manual or 4l60E. As I have neither, I'm in something of a bind. I love the Hooker Shorties I have now because I can run my single 3" exhaust in the factory location with a y-pipe. I don't see anything like that from a reputable company as Edelbrock recently stopped production of their shorties. All I can find now are the cheapies I see on ebay. The mid-length and long tubes present a problem because to go around the 700R, I have to go under the cross member losing ground clearance. None of the swap cross members I can find will fit it to provide clearance.

Does this only leave me with the factory exhaust manifold as an option?

What about something like these Hooker Exhaust manifolds

Does anyone know if they'll fit a third gen?
Old 08-17-2016, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Hooker ones fit but you have to use their engine mounts and cross member. I used their kit and it fits nice.

Quick Reply: Third Gen LS Swap Headers