Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Plugs on 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Plugs on 2010

Here in AK daytime highs are about 45f, and overnight lows below freezing. I have about 1 hour of daylight when I get home.

The harness is stiff and I need to be careful of plastic parts.

Last night I was trying to attach the two harness plugs to the PCM (all from a 5.3 2010 Silverado ).

These plugs have a lever, and as the lever was moved back, seemed to be sucking the plug down (I didn't snap a pic). Seemed that lever should move all the way back on lock. However it stopped at about vertical, and I was really hesitant to force it and break something.

Now the lever is stuck at about 90 degrees, the plugs are not on the PCM, and tonight when I get home from work, everything will be stiff cold, brittle and I'll be back trying to attach the harness to the PCM. I hate to force something and break it. I stopped by the local dealership to see if they could print a page of a service manual on how to attach the PCM plugs, they went through the motions, but were less than helpful.

Has anybody posted a video or instruction on how this type of plug should be attached? I can press the issue with a little confidence I know what I am doing.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Never mind. Now in the daylight I see that one of the posts on the outside of the plug snapped in the dark/cold and fell inside the plug. It was keeping the plug from seating.
Attached Thumbnails PCM Plugs on 2010-image.jpg  
Old 10-14-2016, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

That's not good. It appears all four of the locks on side of your ECM are missing. Those are used to hold the connector to your ECM. When you connect now I would make sure you can't just lift up on the gray connector and remove, from lock position, the gray ECM connector from your harness. If so, you need a replacement ECM.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Where should the lever be when properly locked ? Seems I was forcing it.
( I thought I would zip tie the plug in place)
Old 10-15-2016, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The lever should be flat against the plug, but it won't lie flat until the plug is properly seated. You shouldn't have to force anything, these move quite easily.

Looks like a zip tie may be your only option.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Weird. Plug with the broken tabs, obviously the lever flops back and forth. The other plug will not go back even if it's in the air and not plugged in !!

Quick Reply: PCM Plugs on 2010