Sponsored by:

No start, PCM possible cause?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start, PCM possible cause?

Hello everyone,
I have an LS1 out of an 04 Corvette with a Wiring Specialties harness converted to a Drive By Cable.

Last night I let someone take my car out, they brought it back and parked the car in the drive way. When I went to move the car back to the garage it would not start. The fuel pump is not priming when the ignition is switched on, it can be jumpered to run though.

My first suspect was the grounds, I went through cleaned all of the grounds and re-tightened. After that didn't work I started inspecting with my meter. All grounds check out with .5 to 1 ohm. Including the ground going to the harness fusebox.

I have switched 12v to the PCM, all fuses checkout, and I'm at a loss.

I had to purchase the PCM off eBay since nobody around here does tuning. Is it possible that the PCM went to default and VATS is back on? Could it be PCM failure?

I've been searching the forum and it seems that PCM failure is rare, but I out of ideas. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you
Old 10-16-2016, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Default No start

When in doubt go back to basics. First, use a timing light to see if you have spark. Second, use a noid light to ensure the injectors are working properly. Third, check the fuel pressure at the rail with a gauge. If they all check out see if will run on starter fluid. From what you said the fuel pump isn't doing its thing and could be the relay or fuse to the fuel pump circuit.

Quick Reply: No start, PCM possible cause?