Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring help

Just installed a 2009 LS 6.0 LY6 in a 2007 Silverado replacing a tired 4.3 six. I received the complete wire harness, ECM and TCM. I also received the center wiring cube (?) that fits into the underhood stock fuse box. I'm at a lose as to where to began. Everything I've read is in regards to early swaps where all the newer accessories are not dealt with. Any help getting me on the right track will be highly appreciated.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

LT1swap.com

and

I like the Haynes Manuals wiring diagrams from the parts stores
I would assume many of the wiring pin locations and colors are the same between those two years.

You may try to post in the PCM Diagnostics and Tuning section... or jump over to the sister site PerformanceTrucks.net
Your LS1Tech username and password should work to get you into the forum to post your thread over there... good luck
Old 04-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you trying to wire your new harness to the old fuse block of the 4.3? You could find the connector diagram of the harness to know which terminals go where but you will probably need to get a need fuse box with the proper internal wiring or have a few external fuses that don't go into the factory fuse block.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Default Wiring help

Yes, when I pulled the 4.3 and harness, about the only piece I remember removing involving the harness was the cube from the center of the fuse box. One of the major items attached to the new harness is a similar "cube" with what appears to be all the positive (heavy gauge) wires for the engine. Am I just wishful thinking that somehow this new connector will somehow fit the old fuse box? Thank you for responding.

Quick Reply: Wiring help