Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Mustang LS swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 Mustang LS swap

This might be beating a "dead Pony" post. I have been looking for a few hours for information on a "Budget Build" for my sn95 Convertible Mustang. There is a lot of information to search.
I would like to keep the stock K member. I have an 07 5.3 truck motor with all the accessories, pcm, wire harness and DBW pedal (I would like to delete the DBW and go back to a cable TB).
I am keeping the stock T5 and sending the pcm out to match, eliminating security, transmission, rear 02 sensors and Active fuel management.
Any help and information you all can help me with would be awesome!
Old 07-05-2017, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 464 Likes on 350 Posts

Be sure they also eliminate the charcoal canister/purge valve actuation as well - just vent the canister into the air intake tube. Keep the DBW throttle -- nothing to be gained by making the switch and it complicates everything as you you either need to allow for that also in your ecu changes or make a complete switch to a different ecu which will impact a number of other things.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thanks

thanks
Old 07-06-2017, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 908 Posts

I think Holley makes SN95 mounts for stock k-members...

Andrew
Old 07-06-2017, 11:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
I think Holley makes SN95 mounts for stock k-members...

Andrew
They aren't on the shelf yet Andrew, but they will be becoming available soon. The 96-04 cars use an adapter plate with mod motor engine mounts, but the 94-95 cars use the Fox body engine brackets that are based on the use of GM 4th-gen F-body mounts as the factory K-member used in those two year models is identical to the one used in the Fox body and nothing like the one used in the 96-04 cars as far as engine mounting goes.

Things get a little easier in regards to headers and transmission crossmembers as all 94-99 cars use the same Hooker headers and crossmembers.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you ca also look at Dirty Dingo, they make engine mounts for the stock k member . I personally don't like them as they sit the engine high, but most of the conversion mounts do anyway
Old 07-07-2017, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

I used 4.6 modular mounts and extended them to pick up the rear bolt holes on an LS block. I tried the UPR plates at first and the motor sat too high to get the transmission in that small tunnel of a Mustang. The stock K member is heavy and obstructive but you could get the $999 set of headers Hooker sells to go with that stock K member or use exhaust manifolds. Or, get an aftermarket tubular K member and have your choice of several sets of sub $600 header sets to choose from, I'm using Dynatech 1-7/8 and they fit very well.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

As mentioned, using the stock Fox Body K-member is a challenge to mount the engine in a way that achieves optimized U-joint working angles and maximized underhood and transmission clearance in the tunnel. I don't like the DD approach in this application as the spacers used on the main studs defeat the function of the anti-rotation nubs on the bottom of the mounts and set the engine high in the car from what I've read. The coming Hooker brackets for the stock K-member don't have that issue as they use multiple bolts to attach them to the K-member. They also put the crank center line at the same height and inclination angle as that of the stock Ford SB engine. They are based on the use of 4th gen F-body mounts...here's a couple of photos that will let you visualize what the set-up looks like.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

With Turbo manifolds, nice, any more pics of the current state?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
With Turbo manifolds, nice, any more pics of the current state?

Thanks.
I don't have any newer images than what I have posted in the Hooker Fox Body LS swap thread as every component is beyond the design stage and making their way through the paperwork requirements.

I will have some more photos to post in the near future however as the car borrowed for development has been used for also developing a Coyote swap system and once I wrap that up in the next 1.5 weeks I'll be helping the owner of the car (a Holley employee) assemble the car in it's final LS swap configuration.

The car will be assembled with a Vortech supercharged LS, Maximum Motorsports K-member, TKO 600 transmission and the Hooker engine brackets, long tube headers and 3" exhaust system.

Hopefully there will be some valuable info that you guys can glean from those photos once I post them on the Hooker thread.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddoky
I don't have any newer images than what I have posted in the Hooker Fox Body LS swap thread as every component is beyond the design stage and making their way through the paperwork requirements.

I will have some more photos to post in the near future however as the car borrowed for development has been used for also developing a Coyote swap system and once I wrap that up in the next 1.5 weeks I'll be helping the owner of the car (a Holley employee) assemble the car in it's final LS swap configuration.

The car will be assembled with a Vortech supercharged LS, Maximum Motorsports K-member, TKO 600 transmission and the Hooker engine brackets, long tube headers and 3" exhaust system.

Hopefully there will be some valuable info that you guys can glean from those photos once I post them on the Hooker thread.
That sounds like a Great Build to come, can't wait! Where will post about the Coyote swap?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever
That sounds like a Great Build to come, can't wait! Where will post about the Coyote swap?

Thanks.
Yeah, it should make for a great build. I haven't decided if I'll be building/maintaining a thread for the Coyote swap on any forum as it takes a lot of time and energy and many guys seemed to have migrated to Facebook for info and interaction. If any of you Mustang guys want to post some photos and data of the Coyote swap components on your favorite Mustang sites I can supply you with some images and tech notes...just send me a PM and I'll spill the beans.

Quick Reply: 95 Mustang LS swap