Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom headers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 04:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default custom headers?

i'm gonna be pushin a helluva lotta power through a set of TEA stg 2's and a TR224...through some stock manifolds if i cant find some LT's or mid-lengths at the least, i wanna go ahead and get some headers before i do a heads/cam swap.

this is for a 98 Silverado in the stock location as far as routing goes for exhaust....i emailed Kooks and ASM about this but thought id post in case someones ran into this somewhere before

anybody know of any tricks? ive wondered if some 99+ ASM's would work for me...is the only difference the port shape between the 98 vortecs and the 99+ ls1 derived motors?

thanks
Brandon
Old 07-02-2004, 12:49 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Some shorties may work....worst case is you can build a set.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1500Sleeper
i'm gonna be pushin a helluva lotta power through a set of TEA stg 2's and a TR224...through some stock manifolds if i cant find some LT's or mid-lengths at the least, i wanna go ahead and get some headers before i do a heads/cam swap.

this is for a 98 Silverado in the stock location as far as routing goes for exhaust....i emailed Kooks and ASM about this but thought id post in case someones ran into this somewhere before

anybody know of any tricks? ive wondered if some 99+ ASM's would work for me...is the only difference the port shape between the 98 vortecs and the 99+ ls1 derived motors?

thanks
Brandon
I believe the frame and motor positioning would differ a little, I'm not sure exactly what would work, i would go to LS1Truck.com, quite a few people over there with conversion trucks, maybe they would know.

Clint
Old 07-03-2004, 02:01 AM
TECH Resident

most if not all of them are over here, and there arent that many 88-98 trucks.

Quick Reply: custom headers?