Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Intake and Throttle Body?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017 | 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Which Intake and Throttle Body?

Hello,

New guy here again and I'd like to get a little advice on swapping my model year 2000 LM7 VORTEC truck engine into my 1970 El Camino. As some of you may realize, the VORTEC truck intake is tall compared to the typical LS intake manifold. My problem is made worse because I have a cowl induction hood that takes up extra space above the engine.

Can I use my current 75 mm drive by cable throttle body in an LS engine intake manifold?

Will my current LM7 fuel injectors work in an LS engine intake? Same for the fuel rails?

Will my LM7 MAF adapt to an LS engine intake?

Anything else I need to consider? I'd like to not spend a fortune and would rather reuse much of what I already have. This El Camino will be a non racing cruiser / occasional daily driver. Not a museum show car or hangar queen.

Many thanks,

Rick
Old 12-21-2017 | 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

Hey Rick,

You can use a stock LS1 or LS6 intake. You will need matching fuel rails for those intakes and I believe the injectors are a different height. The MAF should work. If you have a truck water pump, there may be some concerns with the top hose, but I am not 100% sure about that.

Hopefully others will chime in with more definitive answers.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Which Intake and Throttle Body?