Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers for a 67 Nova w/LS1

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers for a 67 Nova w/LS1

A buddie of mine is putting a LS1 in a 67 Nova. He has the Heidts Hot Rod front end with tubular control arms. Way more header room that stock. Is there a set of f-body headers, or something else that will fit? It looks like Macs might, but he doesn't want to buy without being sure. Thanks,

Bruce
Old 07-04-2004, 02:20 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't seen a direct fit out there but there may be something close. Best bet would be to try and borrow a set to fit them up. Good luck!
Old 07-05-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the response John. A buddie is getting ready to swap heads on his SS, he's going to let the him borrow his Hookers for a day to see if they fit. I wish I knew someone with Macs that are off because they look like they would fit. I'll post up the results.

Bruce
Old 07-06-2004, 05:02 AM
Launching!

Block Huggers are all that I have found fit. Neither Camaro nor Corvette stock manifolds fit the passenger side, so I would pressume that any header that replaces them would also not fit. I have modified the stock Camaro passenger side manifold to fit as I am using the cats in my car....
I have not tried any of the GTO/Holden manifolds yet.....
Old 07-06-2004, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 67pete
Block Huggers are all that I have found fit. Neither Camaro nor Corvette stock manifolds fit the passenger side, so I would pressume that any header that replaces them would also not fit. I have modified the stock Camaro passenger side manifold to fit as I am using the cats in my car....
I have not tried any of the GTO/Holden manifolds yet.....
Thanks for the reply 67Pete. It sounds like my buddies car will be very similar to yours, except he will be running a 4L60E. I'll pass the info on.

Bruce

Quick Reply: Headers for a 67 Nova w/LS1