Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Filter intake duct options?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Air Filter intake duct options?

This is the intake duct and air filter on my 56 Bel Air. I was wondering if the make other ducts so that i can keep it away from the front of the alternator? I am going to install a Holley Mid Mount Accessory kit to bring everything in and down so i think there will be more room above the altenator. Also what are those wires just behind the air filter for?? Are they neccessary if i go with a different duct and air filter setup?

Thanks,
Keith R
Attached Thumbnails Air Filter intake duct options?-intake1.jpg   Air Filter intake duct options?-intake2.jpg   Air Filter intake duct options?-ls1.jpg  
Old 01-03-2018, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

thats your mass air flow sensor. the computer can be tuned to be able to remove it. it will cause driveability issues if u just remove it within tuning it out. as far as the piping, i used a 3'' aluminum intercooler piping kit from ebay. it was $85 and i have enough to do many systems. you might just need certain silicone or rubber adapters or elbows etc.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Air raid u build it kit worked great on my ls cutlass swap.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Jeffs55chevy and JimmyG!!! I have a few issues going on with rough idle, Stalling and smells like it's running rich. Filter is kind of dirty so i will try to straighten that all out and see what happens.

Thanks,
Keith R

Quick Reply: Air Filter intake duct options?