Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 newb

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018 | 03:07 PM
Teching In

Default ls1 newb

Hello everyone,

I am new, and still learning my way around the forum. I posted this question on another forum. I didn't know if this is were i should post it. Please bear with me. If I posted this twice sorry about that. I am more of an old school guy than a new school but i picking things us as i go.

I am doing my first LS1 Swap. The car is a 1948 Chevy 2 door Fleetmaster. The ls1 is out of a 2004 corvette Drive by Wire setup. I just got the wiring harness and computer flashed (stock tune) done from the guys at lt1350.com. I finally got the engine to start and it sounds great. However I having problems with the Drive by Wire System. The Throttle body will open just a bit to and allow the engine to idle. The throttle isn't working at all. I was going to convert it to a DBC but the guy at lt1 said that pcm will not support it. The check engine light stays on. ( i got an engine scanner on order should be in tomorrow). So hopefully I can get some codes soon. My question is when I bought the motor it only came with harness and computer it didn't come with the peddle assembly or tac module. I bought the gas peddle and tac module of of ebay and that they claim will work for a 97-04 corvette. When I started looking on line i see there is a bunch of different ones out there. . Does anyone know what GM part numbers I would need for the Tac module and Gas Pedal for dbw? If the Dbw cant be fixed is there a way to convert it to dbc?

here is the info that I have on the pcm

Serv. No. 12586243

*86YFYY924138CM28*

HDW No. 12583659

Thanks for all your help.

Old 07-06-2018 | 01:19 PM
Restricted User

You need to look for compatibility issues with the pedal/tac/pcm. They have to match or it won't work.

You can convert to drive by cable, but there are a few problems. Your PCM may or may not have the ability to control the IAC stepper motor. If it doesn't, you won't have much idle control unless you swap the PCM over to a DBC one
If you swap it over, you'll need the wires for the IAC/TPS, Just pin them into the PCM connector.
Old 07-08-2018 | 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Had a similar problem which, as Joe pointed out, was a mismatch. Turns out the tune that was put in was for an '05 with factory updates so my pedal would not play with the rest of the system. Here is what worked for me. TAC:12588923 and APP (pedal):15821777.

Quick Reply: ls1 newb