Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line and rail from 2002 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018 | 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Fuel line and rail from 2002 camaro

Attached are pictures of the 2002 fuel rail that I'm putting back onto the more. I'm wondering what the sensors are and why two fuel lines when this is a returnless system. Also, should I put new on rings on the injectors? They've been sitting in the garage for the last 4 years...lol. thanks for any advice.

One line has sensor on it...

Another sensor/plug attached to the manifold

Flipping rail should be alright?
Old 07-06-2018 | 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

I don't know what the switch is but I believe the other plastic thingy with the fuel line is for gas tank EVAP system. That female connector near the belt tensioner plugs into the brass male connector on the left side of the throttle body. If to don't need emissions you can delete the EVAP device and cap the male brass connector. For a cleaner look I like to cut the brass thing off and drill and tap and put a button head bolt in there with some thread sealant so you don't have a vacuum leak.
Old 07-06-2018 | 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1 TJ
I don't know what the switch is but I believe the other plastic thingy with the fuel line is for gas tank EVAP system. That female connector near the belt tensioner plugs into the brass male connector on the left side of the throttle body. If to don't need emissions you can delete the EVAP device and cap the male brass connector. For a cleaner look I like to cut the brass thing off and drill and tap and put a button head bolt in there with some thread sealant so you don't have a vacuum leak.
Makes sense. Do you happen to know what the plug is that is attached to the intake? I can remove but want to be sure it won't be needed after I get the engine harness. Thank you for your reply.
Old 07-07-2018 | 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

I don't know what the switch is for. You might want to contact your harness maker. I have a LS6 intake (same as your 2002 intake) on two LS swaps. I don't recall removing that switch but it's gone.
Old 07-09-2018 | 12:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1 TJ
I don't know what the switch is for. You might want to contact your harness maker. I have a LS6 intake (same as your 2002 intake) on two LS swaps. I don't recall removing that switch but it's gone.
Will do, thank you.

Quick Reply: Fuel line and rail from 2002 camaro