Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSA into 07 Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018 | 08:49 AM

Default LSA into 07 Chevy

Hey Guys, I hope it's ok to post here. I need some help with a project and It looks like there is a HUGE amount of knowledge here...
Here's my question/problem. I've got an GM LSA Engine and Trans with a stand alone ECM and TCM from GM going into an 07 chevy 1500. From what I can see is Both the ECM and the Vehicle have the high speed "LAN" Communication system, and i'm wanting to see if the stock gauges will work. I'm not sure if i can just tap the new ECM LAN connections into the original ECM LAN connection and everything will work or will there be a need for programming? I'm hoping the ABS, BCM, etc. will keep working and the ICP wont look like a Christmas tree.
Thank you in advance for any and all help, it's the first time i've done a project like this.
Old 07-12-2018 | 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

what standalone ecm are you using?
what transmission?
what engine/trans did the truck come with stock?
Old 07-12-2018 | 04:18 PM

E67 ECM that came with the motor and trans. the Trans is a 4L75E and has its own module.
The truck originally came with the 5.3 and 4l60E.
I was also told to use the stock harness and ECM and get it tuned, but there are a lot more sensors and none of the trans will plug into the old harness...
Old 07-12-2018 | 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

as far as wanting the other modules (gauges, abs, etc) i would tend to agree that you're more likely to have everything play nice using the stock ecm and harness modified for the new drivetrain. there are more sensor inputs for the lsa / e67 but there are plenty of people running this blower on everything else with other ecms...theyll just do their job with different inputs.
what do you mean by none of the trans will plug into the old harness? 4l60 and 4l75 should be pretty close to the same with exception of some later versions having an input speed sensor iirc
Old 07-12-2018 | 07:23 PM

Well it looks like the neutral safety switch inside the pan and not outside. It does have the input speed sensor... not 100 percent sure the bulk head connector will plug in but it looks a bit different. (ones white and the other is gray)... I guess more than anything i was hoping to get it working with all the stuff that came with the engine and trans since its about ready to fire off and rather not go back to change it... Thanks for your help with this, I really do appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2018 | 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm, if it the stock lsa trans it should be a 6l90 i think?
if it is ready to fire, i say go for it...some of this stuff you just have to try and see if it works. might be better to figure some things out having the motor/trans standalone...then you can know that they're operating as they should before connecting them to the rest of the truck (at least the data communications). if you haven't done a swap with the gm high/low speed lan before, just make sure you have the loops properly setup, (its pretty easy to get the wires confused) and also the terminal resistor that is needed which is sometimes part of a module that may not be present so you just add one externally. sorry if you know this stuff already
for what its worth, i have a project that i'm using a pcm, bcm and gauges from three different vehicles (different platforms) and have got the motor running without programming anything and the gauges seem to work for the most part though there's alot of lights going for the different modules that are missing.

Quick Reply: LSA into 07 Chevy