Sponsored by:

Help with Be Cool Kit #80246

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Be Cool Kit #80246

Good Afternoon,

I recently purchased the BeCool direct fit kit for my 02 Camaro SS. The kit is a really impressive piece of work and definite upgrade. My problem is with wiring. The kit includes a wiring bundle with some relays etc. My question is could I not just get some connects that would match the factory OEM harness and modify the BeCool fan plugs? The fans are supposed to be two speed which matches the OEM fans. There are no specific computer controlled items within the BeCool fans that to me would make this a no-go. Has anyone also done this upgrade/swap?

Joseph
Old 10-21-2018, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 10-21-2018, 10:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by delta3
Good Afternoon,

I recently purchased the BeCool direct fit kit for my 02 Camaro SS. The kit is a really impressive piece of work and definite upgrade. My problem is with wiring. The kit includes a wiring bundle with some relays etc. My question is could I not just get some connects that would match the factory OEM harness and modify the BeCool fan plugs? The fans are supposed to be two speed which matches the OEM fans. There are no specific computer controlled items within the BeCool fans that to me would make this a no-go. Has anyone also done this upgrade/swap?

Joseph
Are you sure the fans are 2 speed? Factory fans are not 2 speed fans, they are single speed wired up to operate in either series or parallel which gives you the 2 speeds. If they are single speed then you could wire them just like your stock fans. If they are in fact 2 speed fans, then you should be able to do the same by just wiring the high speed wires into your factory fan wiring harness. I looked up that number but it didn't give me any pics of the actual set up to be able to look at it. Did it come with any kind of instructions?
Old 10-21-2018, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Are you sure the fans are 2 speed? Factory fans are not 2 speed fans, they are single speed wired up to operate in either series or parallel which gives you the 2 speeds. If they are single speed then you could wire them just like your stock fans. If they are in fact 2 speed fans, then you should be able to do the same by just wiring the high speed wires into your factory fan wiring harness. I looked up that number but it didn't give me any pics of the actual set up to be able to look at it. Did it come with any kind of instructions?

I will attach the two wiring diagrams BeCool provided. I only assumed my 02 SS had dual speed fans. 🤦🏼dum♂️🤷🏼dum♂️
Old 10-21-2018, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Wiring diagram pictures

[img]blob:https://ls1tech.com/0675f1ab-a8f1-47bc-8436-ad1f4d91c62a[/img][img]blob:https://ls1tech.com/7015f14e-dc55-4d09-8d1d-2a4e85df040f[/img]