Sponsored by:

Blue Pin 33, confirmation of 12v+

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Blue Pin 33, confirmation of 12v+

Hey guys,

I've been reading over getting the TCC wire (Blue C2 Pin 33 on my harness) wired in correctly. From what I've read it seems that Pin 33 is supposed to receive 12v positive from an ignition source at all times and when the supply is broken it disengages the torque converter. I really want to verify this because I'm afraid if I'm wrong and apply voltage to pin 33 it could ruin my PCM if I'm wrong and it's supposed to be a ground.

As an extra:
Since my original brake system is normally open and applies 12v when the pedal is pressed, and my car didn't come with cruise control I'm going to be swapping out my original brake light switch for a newer style from a car that had cruise control (4 pins instead of the original 2). This will allow me to wire up the brakes like normal and then wire the TCC wire into the new 3rd pin on the brake switch and wire the 4th pin to a 12v ign positive source. Others have wired in a 5 pin relay to achieve the same thing, but if a 4 pin brake switch will bolt right in place of the original I don't see why the 4 pin brake switch wouldn't be a much better solution.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

Yes, you are correct. There is also a light blue wire that comes from the TAC module that gets power from the brake switch when the brakes ARE applied, but I think you only need that one if you are using cruise control, and since I always wire the cruise I have always hooked it up too.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks. I do plan on running cruise control. I have the wires all together but I'm not going to hook them up yet ( i haven't yet found a way I'm happy with to mount the controller). I had to de-pin the connector that goes from engine harness to the TAC controller so it could fit through the hole in my firewall. I have 4 wires set aside for cruise control and have them labeled where they were originally plugged in on the harness. I just went out and checked and one of them is blue. I guess I'll probably splice that into the TCC wire when I go to hook up the cruise. I was looking through some old posts and saw the old stalks you made a long time ago. Those were pretty cool. Do you have to remove the entire column to install the wires?