Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Controlling gauges without 0411 pcm

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 461 Likes on 348 Posts

Default Controlling gauges without 0411 pcm

I have a 2002 silverado with a tt 5.3 and all that jazz. im on course to replace the 5.3 with a mkiv bbc. doing some poking around the internet it doesnt sound like i can make the 0411 pcm work without lots of crazy custom stuff.
am i wrong on this? im not willing to block swap to a mkvi to support the eficonnection kits.

is there a way to get all the stock gauges in the truck working with another pcm? i want some form of efi in the truck.
id rather keep the stock dash and not have the expense of one of those cool digital dashboards like a racepak or aem.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

i think it just depends on which gauges you want to work. the easiest way is to mimic the eficonnection setup or the factory l31 stuff for that matter depending on whether you want to run a distributor or coil on plug. you basically just need a way to mount the crank and cam reluctor which can be done externally...doesn't have to be inside the cover like factory or eficonnection.

might check out this thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-chevelle.html

holley and ms ecms have alot of programmable outputs so i'm sure you'd be able to get something to work with those as well

anyway you look at it is going to require custom stuff the same way a big block in an 02 silverado does haha
Old 01-20-2019, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 461 Likes on 348 Posts

yeah it sounds like its not worth the effort and id be better off just doing a ms and racepack dash or something along those lines.
thanks
Old 01-20-2019, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

You could do bluetooth and tablet gauges.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this may be a dumb question, but cant u use a timing cover like this, with a stock gen6 trigger wheel behind it? i was thibkin that i had seen a few vortec 350/454 engines that were being run on ls ecms using the vortec timing components and using the distributor for the cam signal and then had thw ability to run coil pack ignition. i may be wrong. its been a while since iver considered any kind of pre ls engines