Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silverado BCM swap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 551 Likes on 345 Posts

Default Silverado BCM swap?

I figured this would be the best place I know to help with an uncommon swap idea. I recently picked up a 2000 OBS crew cab short box Silverado that's already been LS swapped. Very rare combo, but anyway since it's been converted over to the 0411 ECU they have integrated the tow/haul option and it works great. However since it never came that way in 2000 it doesn't have an indicator light. So my question is can I get a BCM from a 99-02 NBS and hook up enough wires to get me an output for the tow/haul light and possibly other cool options. Like a cruise indicator light or etc?
Old 01-24-2019, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure if this helps but you tube has a video of this exact thing Leroy diesel is the guys name google will pull it up
Old 01-24-2019, 09:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a
I figured this would be the best place I know to help with an uncommon swap idea. I recently picked up a 2000 OBS crew cab short box Silverado that's already been LS swapped. Very rare combo, but anyway since it's been converted over to the 0411 ECU they have integrated the tow/haul option and it works great. However since it never came that way in 2000 it doesn't have an indicator light. So my question is can I get a BCM from a 99-02 NBS and hook up enough wires to get me an output for the tow/haul light and possibly other cool options. Like a cruise indicator light or etc?
You can get a few cool features with the BCM, but unfortunately those two indicator lights you asked about are in the instrument cluster module, so no way to hard wire them with the BCM.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 551 Likes on 345 Posts

Thanks Dime. That is a cool video and that is basically what the truck has now, but an NBS lever not NNBS. I think that LS1Nova answered my question. I see a lot of people that do this swap are using the PAC TR-7 module, but I was wondering if there was a way to do this with the BCM instead of an aftermarket module.

Does anyone know of a relay or circuit board that would turn a bulb on and off using momentary ground switch such as the tow/haul button? And when I say on/off I mean where the bulb will stay on not just flash on and off.