Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcm choice

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default pcm choice

I know its new and most people haven't received theirs yet. Im putting together an l76/tremec magnum and don't know which pcm to use. Car is a g body and summer daily driver, road trip car. Engine will have a tsp cam and cnc ported heads. I narrowed it down two options:

-Holley terminator x
-psi conversion harness

The cost will end up about the same. I have been weighing pros and cons and have reached a stalemate. I like the ability to run a DBC throttle body with the holley, but don't like the issues wiring the alternator. Also have to figure out the A/C trigger.

I like the idea of OEM simplicity, but feel like I am shorting myself on the flexibility of the holley.

Anyone have any more insight on this predicament?
Old 05-02-2019, 05:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Which will be easier to get tuned and dialed in correctly?

If cost and pros & cons are roughly equal then ease/cost of tuning and returning might be a factor to consider.

Personally I like stock electronics when possible in case something dies on a road trip. Not sure that would apply here because a fried PCM will be a pain either way.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That's another thought I had, bit just balanced out. My tuner wont tune the holley, but it has a self learn, so I can drive it wherever to get tuned after initial start.