Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness and engine Identification questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harness and engine Identification questions

I'm new here , I apologize if this was asked already . Looking to get pointed to the right direction . In short I'm swapping a 5.3 into my e36 bmw. I have the engine has truck intake and drive by wire throttle, unsure the year . I know I will be going with a car intake for clearances . Question is can I 1. Use any harness/pcm from any year or do I need to have one specific to this engine? If I decide to stay drive by wire is the gas pedal the only addition I need to harness and pcm ?
Old 10-10-2019, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by V8e36
I'm new here , I apologize if this was asked already . Looking to get pointed to the right direction . In short I'm swapping a 5.3 into my e36 bmw. I have the engine has truck intake and drive by wire throttle, unsure the year . I know I will be going with a car intake for clearances . Question is can I 1. Use any harness/pcm from any year or do I need to have one specific to this engine? If I decide to stay drive by wire is the gas pedal the only addition I need to harness and pcm ?
Get everything from one donor vehicle. When you start piecing things together your in for more troubles
Old 10-11-2019, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

For easiest install you will want to match the year or at least use the pcm/harness from the same gen family.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you need help deciding what harness you would need, our team would be more than happy to help you. You can check out what we have here, https://www.psiconversion.com/produc...ing-harnesses/ or if you have further questions give us a call 732-444-3277 ext. 2

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: Harness and engine Identification questions