Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tr6060

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 05:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tr6060

Can i mount a tr6060 to a lm7 ? If so what clutch kit will i need. This is for a ls swap drift car that i have to make a custom drive shaft for i was going to keep the flex disk . Just didn’t know about the trans to motor deal. I have read all the threads. And they are all very old on the topic.

thanks in advance.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:21 AM
ModSquad

Received 3,567 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattlm7
Can i mount a tr6060 to a lm7 ? If so what clutch kit will i need. This is for a ls swap drift car that i have to make a custom drive shaft for i was going to keep the flex disk . Just didn’t know about the trans to motor deal. I have read all the threads. And they are all very old on the topic.

thanks in advance.
Trans will bolt right up. As far as clutches go, any LS specific clutch will work. Do a search over in the Manual Transmission section. Plenty of info over there. Also search in the Conversions And Hybrids section.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 178 Likes on 116 Posts

Remember a production car TR6060 from a Camaro SS will have 3.01 1st gear which is SUPER short. It also requires a CV style driveshaft which will cost over $1K to make.... then the shifter mounting point is floating and to make it work in your setup is going to take some re-engineering most likely. While they are hard to find the ZL1 or CTSv TR6060 has better gearing but the other issues are still there. You need to run the LS3 style pilot bearing and clutch slave... as long as its a 26 spline clutch disc for an LS it will work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec...0_transmission

Quick Reply: Tr6060