Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e40 ecm ls swap wiring harness modification difficulties

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e40 ecm ls swap wiring harness modification difficulties

I am just getting started with my LS Swap and running into some trouble. The engine is an 02 or 03 6.0L LQ9 from an escalade. Bought it from a guy that had it in an 06 Trailblazer SS. I have the 4l70e from the trailblazer also. My plan is to use the stock wiring harnness with the LQ9 and 4l70e. The main problem I am running into is with figuring out how to modify the wiring harness. I have been told that the e40 ecm the 2006 trailblazers used is not a normal ecm and there isnt much info out there on how to modify it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this or any prior experience with a swap using an e40 ecm? Any wiring diagrams would also be greatly appreciated( having trouble finding those too). Also, what kind of connections should i be looking for from the clump of wires that had originally went to the interior of the car? From what I understand, there arent too many I need to look out for there and getting rid of the interior wiring would get rid of more than half of my existing harness.
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

"I have been told that the e40 ecm the 2006 trailblazers used is not a normal ecm and there isnt much info out there on how to modify it."
Dump the harness and the E40. It's a limited use pcm.
We just converted a similar mess, with a 2005 GTO engine/trans.
The E40 was replaced with a 411. A used oem harness is easy/cheap to modify and use.

Quick Reply: e40 ecm ls swap wiring harness modification difficulties