Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st ever LS1 Swap in Progress!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st ever LS1 Swap in Progress!

First post here, and first ever LS swap. I am putting a 4.8 from a Silverado in to a 1947 Chevy street rod on an S-10 frame. I have purchased a factory LS1/LS6 Dorman intake to replace the truck one that sits up so high. With hopes of a relatively easy swap, as I was told this was the easiest intake to swap out. My first initial question is, if I were to use the fuel rail that came on the truck engine, that center tube that crosses over from one fuel rail to the other, would stick up too high above the intake. I'd like the lower one obviously, like whats on a car intake. Can I replace only that center pipe? Or do I have to buy the whole fuel rail system? I have looked online, and it seems like it all comes as a package deal. Thanks for any help from you experts, and trust me, I will ask several more questions during this build as its new territory for me!
Old 07-30-2020, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Use the matching LS1/LS6 fuel rail
Old 07-30-2020, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I've done it with an LS1 rail and aftermarket ebay billet rails. BTW, if you're using the truck injectors you might need to make your own hold downs. Injector heights can be different.

Quick Reply: 1st ever LS1 Swap in Progress!