Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4WD Low Range on 07 Gen3

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WD Low Range on 07 Gen3

Hi folks - I put a Gen3 5.3L & 4L60 out of a 2007 Silverado Classic 4WD in my Land Cruiser. Works great except shifting in low range. So I found pin 16 on the PCM wiring diagram and this thread and others indicating that it needs to be grounded to tell the PCM your in 4LO

My toyota transfer case has a 4LO indicator switch that I intend to wire it to, but in the mean time I just manually clamped the pin 16 wire to ground when in 4LO. And then the engine runs like crap - very rough, nearly stalling when pulling out, etc. Shifting might be better but tough to tell, because soon it sets code P2771 "4WD Low Switch Circuit", at which point I think it ignores pin 16 because the engine goes back to running normally and its using the high range shift pattern again.

Is there something I don't understand about pin 16? Should it be an intermittent/momentary ground signal instead of a constant ground? The wiring diagram isn't much use - it just shows pin 16 going to pin B5 on the transfer case control module.

Old 07-24-2022, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, gonna bump my own post because I really need to figure this out.

I thought I could get around this by manually shifting the transmission in low range ... but that doesn't work because it won't stay in first gear - got turned back from Imogene Pass on Friday and struggled on some less extreme terrain.

Some more information.
This swap uses the Toyota transfer case and involved swapping the 4WD transmission output shaft for a 2WD shaft & housing and moving the VSS from the original transfer case output shaft location to the transmission output shaft.

Quick Reply: 4WD Low Range on 07 Gen3