Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cd009 with ls1 issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cd009 with ls1 issues

A little background info.I have a 240sx with a ls1 and cd009(Collins adapter). I put a new luk flywheel/clutch/slave and wilwood master. I also needed to add a shim for the slave. The cd009 was used but no visual signs of being broken. When it was out of the car I opened the top plate and everything looked clean and spun freely.
The issue I’m having is I can’t get the clutch to engage. When running I can put it into any gear without the clutch without doing anything. Today I adjusted the clutch pedal out more . It makes a chatter when I press the pedal down but still not engaging. Also used a camera to make sure slave cylinder was moving. Any ideas are much appreciated and hopefully don’t need a new trans.

thanks
Tom
Old 06-21-2022, 08:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Usctom
A little background info.I have a 240sx with a ls1 and cd009(Collins adapter). I put a new luk flywheel/clutch/slave and wilwood master. I also needed to add a shim for the slave. The cd009 was used but no visual signs of being broken. When it was out of the car I opened the top plate and everything looked clean and spun freely.
The issue I’m having is I can’t get the clutch to engage. When running I can put it into any gear without the clutch without doing anything. Today I adjusted the clutch pedal out more . It makes a chatter when I press the pedal down but still not engaging. Also used a camera to make sure slave cylinder was moving. Any ideas are much appreciated and hopefully don’t need a new trans.

thanks
Tom
By nature a clutch is constantly engaged if installed correctly but it appears you have the exact opposite from what your describing. Why did you shim it? I'd start by pulling that shim something is clearly pushing on your pressure plate and disengaging the clutch. Also double check the installation it's easy to miss something. You didn't mention if the slave was actually moving everything it was supposed to be. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Cd009 with ls1 issues