Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iat sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2022 | 03:52 PM
Teching In

Smile iat sensor problem

Hello , IŽam new here
have a engine from gmc yukon 2001 , 5.3 L , swapt into old truck , starts right up , idle okay but when I hit the gas it runs not good , have ecm flasht with hp tuners , when I look into HP tuners vcm scanner I see a problem with my mafs sensor , it says minus 39 degrees , but it is around 22 degrees when start up , the maf sensor was gone but have buy one from that year , but connector do not fit correctly , have wired an 2 wire iat sensor but still the wrong temperture , what do I wrong , maybe wrong wire used , thanks Maus
Old 08-01-2022 | 12:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Maus
Hello , IŽam new here
have a engine from gmc yukon 2001 , 5.3 L , swapt into old truck , starts right up , idle okay but when I hit the gas it runs not good , have ecm flasht with hp tuners , when I look into HP tuners vcm scanner I see a problem with my mafs sensor , it says minus 39 degrees , but it is around 22 degrees when start up , the maf sensor was gone but have buy one from that year , but connector do not fit correctly , have wired an 2 wire iat sensor but still the wrong temperture , what do I wrong , maybe wrong wire used , thanks Maus

wow I got a migraine trying to read this…

if you have a 5.3 from a 2001 Yukon I believe your MAF has the IAT sensor built into it…

the plug should be the same for all MAFS that have the IAT built in.

Are you using an AC Delco MAF? IAT?

check your wiring, make sure nothing is cut or grounding out.

did you buy a stand alone harness or did you convert your stock harness to stand alone?
Old 08-01-2022 | 12:44 PM
Teching In

Smile

Originally Posted by The0nlyon3
wow I got a migraine trying to read this…

if you have a 5.3 from a 2001 Yukon I believe your MAF has the IAT sensor built into it…

the plug should be the same for all MAFS that have the IAT built in.

Are you using an AC Delco MAF? IAT?

check your wiring, make sure nothing is cut or grounding out.

did you buy a stand alone harness or did you convert your stock harness to stand alone?
sorry for the text , I from the netherlands , think we speaking and writing a bit difference , thanks for the info go check it again ,the maf is from ultra power
Old 08-01-2022 | 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Maus
sorry for the text , I from the netherlands , think we speaking and writing a bit difference , thanks for the info go check it again ,the maf is from ultra power

now I feel like a jerk. My apologies! I have had NO luck with non factory sensors
Old 08-02-2022 | 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its probably a wiring issue if the temperature is saturating low
Old 08-02-2022 | 01:12 PM
On The Tree
15 Year Member

Are you using a separate 2 wire IAT sensor? Try swapping the wires and see if you get an accurate temperature reading.
Old 08-02-2022 | 03:54 PM
Launching!

What harness are you using? Is it set up for a 5 pin MAF sensor or does it have a 3 pin plug with an extra 2 plug pin next to it?

Quick Reply: iat sensor problem